Category: Construction Management
Role and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Resident Engineer / Project Engineer the construction inspector independently inspects all phases of public works, construction, and major maintenance projects, such as building, wharves, piers, pipelines, breakwaters, seawalls, paving and dredging, for conformance with plans, specifications, contracts, regulations, and standard methods of work; assures compliance with designs, specifications and applicable workmanship, material and safety codes and standards.
- 5+ years of construction inspection experience.
- Understanding of construction means and methods.
- Able to read and understand project contracts, specifications, and drawings.
- Construction Experience with familiarity with construction activities and scheduling.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Good at managing personalities in a construction environment.
- ACI / HDOT Certified in material sampling (Concrete, Bituminous, Soil & Aggregates).